What is a CrossFit workout?
So, what is a CrossFit workout? What does it involve? CrossFit is a form of high-intensity interval training that is designed to both strengthen and condition your body using functional movements. These movements or actions often involve everyday actions such as squatting, pushing, and pulling.
In a typical CrossFit workout, you can expect to carry out a variation of push-ups, squats, weight lifting, rowing, and so on. These short-burst, high-intensity exercises tend to last for a predetermined amount of time, calculated to help you build muscle strength, flexibility, agility, and endurance.
CrossFit is highly effective due to its emphasis on key elements like load, distance, and speed, helping you to develop higher levels of power through repetitive movement. During a CrossFit exercise, you may utilize any of the following CrossFit gym equipment:
- Medicine balls
- Plyo boxes
- Speed ropes
You will also carry out a number of different exercises and movements that rely solely on your body and your body alone (e.g., push-ups and squats as mentioned above).
Is CrossFit bad for beginners?
Is CrossFit bad for beginners? The short answer is no! The fact of the matter is, there is no better time to get started with exercise than right now, and whether you have any experience or not, CrossFit is a relatively beginner-friendly approach to exercise.
If you are worried about not fitting in or perhaps lacking the experience to enjoy or succeed at CrossFit, understand that the Best CrossFit Gym will create a relaxing and welcoming atmosphere that encourages beginners to get involved and start working on themselves absent the fear of judgment or ridicule from a fitness elite.
It is understandable if you have any reservations and perhaps feel uncomfortable getting started. That said, it doesn’t matter how inexperienced or out of shape you might be, now is the time to take action!
When you join a CrossFit gym, even as a fresh newbie, you will be introduced to a variety of different workouts that can help you quickly move from beginner to seasoned pro. All you need to do is join a gym that has a system in place and friendly fitness staff who can show you the ropes and help you work on your strength and conditioning from the ground up.
Is CrossFit better than going to the gym?
Is CrossFit better than going to the gym? Ultimately, it all depends on you. What sort of exercise experience are you looking for? If you aren’t the sociable type and would prefer to simply crack on by yourself, do some free-weights, and focus on your own personal exercise routines absent distraction, then perhaps a CrossFit class isn’t for you.
However, if you want to focus on some high-intensity training that is designed to build strength and endurance, fast—and to do so in a group experience and perhaps have a personal trainer guide your fitness journey, then a CrossFit gym is entirely better than a standard gym experience.
Again, this all comes down to you. However, even if you feel shy or that perhaps you would prefer to work out alone, you must consider the benefits that come with CrossFit.
What are the benefits of CrossFit?
So, what are the benefits of CrossFit? First of all, let’s take a look at the social aspect:
- CrossFit is a social experience: having support from other people in your situation can be helpful. Remember that everybody was a beginner at one point. Starting out in CrossFit, you’ll find plenty of friendly faces and support from people who have been there, done that, and know exactly how you feel. This social experience can be very uplifting!
- You can benefit from having somebody breathe down your neck: That’s right! CrossFit typically involves a trainer that will be pushing you to your limits. When you work out alone, it’s all too easy to give up when the going gets tough. When you work out in a group, particularly with a trainer, you will be pushed to new heights and ultimately experience greater success on your fitness journey.
- Improve your strength: High-intensity workouts are excellent for bolstering your overall strength.
- Improve aerobic fitness: If you’d like more flexibility, agility, and breath-control, then CrossFit can help you, whilst increasing your oxygen intake.
- Burn calories and manage weight: if you want to lose weight fast and get back in shape, then CrossFit is the way forward!
- Better balance and coordination: Just as CrossFit improves agility and flexibility, it also helps to build a strong foundation, improve your balance, and ultimately increase your overall coordination.
- Feel better about yourself: As the days and weeks pass by, you’ll find yourself becoming stronger, healthier, and happier. In fact, CrossFit can help you feel much better about yourself, give you a huge boost in self-confidence, and even alleviate feelings of stress, anxiety, and depression.
Is CrossFit bad for beginners? NO! CrossFit is incredibly beginner friendly and the sooner you start, the sooner you can begin reaping the incredible benefits that come from regular exercise. It’s time for you to focus on yourself and start treating your body with the respect that it deserves. You can rest assured that as soon as your start working on yourself with high-intensity CrossFit training, you’ll begin feeling the astonishing benefits!
We hope that you have found this article helpful. Remember, everybody was a beginner once. That’s no excuse not to get involved! The first step is the scariest, and then it’s all downhill from there (with plenty of exhaustion, blood, sweat, and tears in between).
Good luck and have fun!