For many people going to the dentist is a nightmare. Just the thought of it conjures up images of a blood-crazed dentist drilling into your jaw and yanking your beloved teeth out. Fortunately, in the real world, going to the dentist these days is exceptionally safe. Still, that doesn’t necessarily make it any easier for those with a fear or phobia of going. And on top of that, there’s the financial implication on top: having dental work done isn’t exactly cheap.
This is why many people look overseas for their dentistry. For example, is it worth going to Thailand for dental work? In this article, we’re going to look at how much it costs to get your teeth done in Thailand and compare it with Australia. You may be surprised by just how popular medical tourism is in Thailand.
How much does it cost to get teeth done in Thailand?
So, how much does it cost to get teeth done in Thailand? Thailand is renowned for being incredibly well priced – particularly given the quality of the dentistry work that you will receive. Here’s an approximate guide to several dentistry procedures in Thailand:
- Crowns: THB ฿ 8,200-20,200 ($350 to $850 AUD)
- Root Canals: THB ฿ 8,200-18,200 ($350 to $750 AUD)
- Dental Implants: THB ฿ 45,000-85,000 ($2,000 to $3,500 AUD)
- Braces: THB ฿ 45,000-215,000 ($2,000 to $9,000 AUD)
How much is a root canal in Bangkok?
How much is a root canal in Bangkok? The average price for a root canal in Bangkok is anywhere between THB ฿ 8,200-18,200 compared to Australia which is: $2,000 to $3,400.
In other words, the most expensive procedure for a root canal in Bangkok is still considerably cheaper than the least expensive root canal available in Australia.
How much is a dental implant in Thailand?
How much is a dental implant in Thailand? The average price for a dental implant in Thailand is between THB ฿ 45-85,000 per tooth compared to Australia which is: $3,000 – $5,500 per tooth.
Again, the most expensive dental implant in Thailand is still a considerable amount cheaper than the least expensive dental implant procedure in Australia.
How much does it cost to get veneers in Thailand?
How much does it cost to get veneers in Thailand? The average price for veneers in Thailand ranges from THB ฿ 8,000-10,000 ($250-300 per tooth) for composite veneers and THB ฿ 11,500-14,000 ($350-$450 per tooth) for porcelain veneers.
In Australia on the other hand, you are looking at an average of $2,000 AUD per tooth. As you can see, the procedure in Thailand is considerably cheaper.
How much does a crown cost in Thailand?
How much does a crown cost in Thailand? The average cost for a crown in Thailand is between THB ฿ 8,200-20,200 compared to Australia which costs anywhere from $1100 and $2000 AUD.
Is Thailand good for teeth implants? Thailand is one of the most popular medical tourism destinations in the world and many people travel from all over the world to get teeth implants installed there. Often, you may find that the cost of the procedure itself including your travel expenses will be cheaper than getting a teeth implant in your own country.
Yes, travelling to another country for dental implants isn’t something that should be taken lightly. However, given the amazing reputation that Thai dentists have and the fact that so many people continue to travel from all over the world to get the work done should stand testament to their ability.
Is it worth going to Thailand for dental work?
Is it worth going to Thailand for dental work? The short answer is a resounding yes. Not only is dental work in Thailand surprisingly cheap, but the quality of dentistry work is astounding. The fact is, many people still view Thailand as a developing country when in actuality it is a very well-established country with a thriving healthcare system.
Is dental work in Thailand safe?
Particularly for those of you who have a fear of going to the dentist, the thought of going to a foreign country for “cheap dental work” can conjure images of having your teeth pulled in some back alley. The fact is, Thailand is very safe for dental work and all of their facilities practice strict hygiene and health & safety.
If you are worried about your safety, know that Thailand is very safe and that there is nothing to worry about. Certainly, you should do plenty of research before rushing into any decisions, but so long as you choose a reputable dental clinic you shouldn’t run into any problems.
Given that Thailand is already so cheap for dental work, it may be worth looking at the higher end of the spectrum if you are to secure the highest possible quality of customer care.
Why travel to Thailand for dental work? (The benefits of)
Why should you consider travelling to Thailand for dental work, rather than staying at home and getting the procedure done in Australia? Here’s everything you need to know:
- Affordable dental work: Dental work in Thailand is typically 60% to 70% cheaper than it is in Australia and they do not skimp on quality.
- High-quality dental work: The quality of the dental work that is available in Thailand is similar to that of western countries and in some cases, even better. You’ll even recognize a number of brands that are trusted worldwide making Thailand even more attractive.
- Experienced dentists: In Thailand, there are a number of dentists who have over 25-30 years of experience. Additionally, you’ll find that a number of the clinics boast internationally trained dentists from overseas, including Australia and the US.
- Advanced technological capabilities: Dental clinics in Thailand are using state-of-the-art technology and high-tech equipment to ensure faster delivery of services and superior quality of customer care.
- Efficient travel connectivity: There are cheap direct flights available to Thailand from all over the world and the fact that there are six international airports in the country makes travelling to and fro comfortable and convenient.
- Excellent communication: The clinics in Thailand have exceptional communication with fully-trained, English-speaking dentists. In practically every dental clinic in Thailand, you can expect to find bilingual staff members so communication is not usually an issue.
- A gorgeous destination: When you can save so much money and receive equal (if not superior) dental work, having the added bonus of being a stunning location makes Thailand an excellent option. Thailand boasts a beautiful climate, stunning natural beauty, and some of the most amazing food in the world. Why not treat yourself to a mini holiday while you are securing some of the finest dentistry work available?
All in all, Thailand is very cheap for dental work which is why people travel from all over the world to experience it. Not only that, but the quality of dental care in Thailand is equal to many western countries and in some cases, superior.
It’s all about taking your time, doing plenty of research, and finding a dental clinic that makes you feel confident. In any case, you will save a considerable amount of money by seeking dental work in Thailand over Australia.
In fact, for certain procedures, the price of dentist work in Thailand is so much cheaper than in Australia that you can cover your travel and accommodation and enjoy a nice vacation for less!
We hope that this article has been helpful and that you now feel inspired to pursue medical tourism in one of the most beautiful land sought-after locations in the world.